In this post, I am going to tell you How To Add FAQ Schema In WordPress?
So, if you want to have more organic traffic and CTR without ranking higher on Google with the help of FAQ schema.
Then you should read this post till the end.
So, let’s dive right in!!!
- 1 What is FAQ Schema?
- 2 Benefits Of FAQ Schema
- 3 Google’s Guidelines For FAQ Pages
- 4 Which Pages Perform Better With FAQ Schema?
- 5 What Is The Process Of Adding FAQ Schema To Your Website?
- 6 How to write FAQs in the right way
- 7 How to Find Questions for FAQ Schema?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Bottom Line!
What is FAQ Schema?
FAQ schema or FAQ Page Schema is a type of structured data which makes you blog/article eligible for rich results on Google’s SERP (Search Engine Ranking Position).
A FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page is a page containing a list of questions and answers related to the topic of the page.
If you add a proper FAQ schema on your blog post it makes you eligible for the rich results on Google SERP page and also makes you eligible for markup action on Google Assistant too which can help you get to your ideal audience.
FAQ helps you get more organic traffic and CTR for your website by acquiring more real estate of first page of Google and also from the people also ask section as well.
Examples Of FAQ Rich Results In Google Search
Benefits Of FAQ Schema
There are several benefits of using FAQ schema because in this competitive world of SEO you have to keep yourself updated with the latest things happening in this industry.
Because if you are updated then you will be the first to know about new features rolling in so you can apply it early on your website and get benefit from it.
And one such thing in SEO is FAQ Schema which is relatively new and you can take its advantage to get more traffic to your website.
The first benefit of using FAQ schema is that your SERP would get a chance to rank on rich results in Google.
In 2019, Google declared that they are supporting structured data for FAQs.
Which means along with rich results it also gives your SERP to rank higher on Google too.
Along with that here are some more benefits of FAQ schema:
- Your website will get a chance to rank in People Also Ask section too.
- It helps your search result to look different from traditional search results and also covers more real estate of the first page of Google which gives you more traffic and more CTR
- You can also customize your FAQ section by adding emojis which helps your website get more clicks and traffic.
Google’s Guidelines For FAQ Pages
Yup, there are some guidelines which you have to follow in order to make your post eligible to rank in rich results with the help of FAQ schema.
Here are all the FAQ schema guidelines which you have to follow:
Which Pages Perform Better With FAQ Schema?
There are no restrictions to add FAQ schema to a specific kind of page.
You can literally add FAQs to any of your blog post or article.
However, to take the full advantage of FAQ schema you have to use it strategically which would help you get more clicks and traffic.
First, see for which keywords your website is ranking on page 1 of Google.
However, your post shouldn’t rank in the top 3 of Google.
It should be in rank 4 to 10 on the first page of Google.
Here is the reason!
Brian Dean from Backlinko has analyzed 500 million Google searches to get some stats about organic CTR.
And in that study he found that the first three positions of google gets the 75% of the organic clicks, and it drops significantly from 4 to 10 positions.
So, if your website ranking on Google from position 4 to 10 then there is a room for improvement in the organic CTR for these posts.
How you can fix it?
By using FAQs.
As previously told that FAQ helps in differentiating your search results from generic search results without FAQs which helps you get more CTR.
Along with that user will get some information about your blog post content right on the SERP page of Google which can also help you get more clicks.
What Is The Process Of Adding FAQ Schema To Your Website?
I am going to explain to you how you can add FAQ schema to your website in three simple steps:
- Adding FAQs schema to your blog post.
- Validating with Google’s schema markup tool.
- Submitting for faster indexing.
And that’s it.
So, let’s get started.
How to add FAQ schema on any website?
This method of adding FAQ schema is valid for any type of website be it manually coded or working on any other CMS other than WordPress.
In this method we will generate FAQ schema using an in-page markup called JSON-LD which is officially recommended by Google itself.
After that you have to add the code of the FAQ schema to the page where you want to add it.
Here is a step-by-step process on how you can do it:
- Go to this free FAQ schema tool.
- Type a question and then answer it.
- Click on add another FAQ to add the next pair of questions and answers.
- After that repeat the previous two steps.
- In this way add 3 to 4 FAQs for one blog post.
- In order to copy the code of the FAQ schema, click on Copy FAQ Schema.
- Now go to the webpage or the blog post where you want to add FAQs to.
- Add the code to the footer section of your article. (See below)
- Next save the changes.
- After that you have to validate if FAQ is properly inserted or not.
- Then you have to reindex the post in your Google Search Console.
How To Add FAQ Schema In WordPress?
In this post, I will tell you three ways how you can add FAQ schema *properly* on your WordPress website which are:
- JSON-LD #WPSC Plugin.
- Yoast SEO Plugin.
- Without Any Plugin.
JSON-LD #WPSC Plugin
Here is the step-by-step way how you can add FAQ schema with the help of JSON-LD #WPSC plugin in your WordPress website.
- First, go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add Plugin.
- Type JSON-LD #WPSC in the search box there.
- Next install and active the plugin JSON-LD #WPSC Plugin on your website.
- Go to the post/page to which you want to add FAQ schema to.
- Now go to the bottom of your content.
- Add a heading (h2 or h3) and name it as Frequently Asked Questions.
- After that click on the + button (classic editor), type FAQ on the search and click on it. Or click Add Block (in block editor) and search FAQ there.
- Add 3 to 4 FAQs max.
- Finally, hit update/publish to save changes.
In classic editor.
In block editor.
Next plugin which we are going to use to add FAQ schema with the help of Yoast SEO plugin.
This process is for any other SEO plugin such as RankMath or AIO SEO.
(It is valid for block editor.)
So, let’s get started.
- First add Yoast SEO to your WordPress website.
- Next go to post section and open the post in which you have to add FAQ schema.
- Go to the end of the post.
- Add heading (h2/h3) and write Frequently Asked Questions in it.
- Click on the + button and type FAQ in the search.
- Then click on the Yoast FAQ. (See Below).
- Add your question and then answer it short and sweet.
- Add 3 or 4 FAQs at most.
- Click Ctrl + S to save the changes.
How To Add FAQ Schema In WordPress Without Plugin?
Yes, you can add FAQ schema to your WordPress without using a plugin.
It is extremely helpful if you don’t want to add a new plugin for FAQ on your WordPress website.
Here is the step-by-step process.
- Generate FAQ Schema Code as I have previously told in How to add FAQ schema on any website section of this post.
- Go to post or page where you want to add this code to.
- Then paste this code to the end of your post. (See below to know how)
- Click Update/Publish to save changes.
How to paste JSON-LD FAQ Schema Code.
- Paste the JSON-LD code to the ‘text editor’ in classic editor of WordPress.
- In block editor you can paste the code using ‘Custom HTML’ block.
How To Validate FAQ Schema Of A Page?
Now this step is super important because it is possible that the FAQ schema which you have applied on your blog post is not right.
And in that case it is possible your search result won’t show up as a rich results on Google.
So, it won’t get more clicks even if you have put an additional effort in writing FAQs on your blog post.
Here is a step-by-step process to check if the FAQ schema you have applied is correct or not.
- First go to rich results tool by Google.
- Enter the URL of your webpage where you have added FAQ schema to.
- Click Test URL.
- If you have applied the schema correctly then this will tell you that “Page is eligible for rich results”.
- If your FAQ schema is correct then it will also appear in the detected items section as well.
How to index FAQ on Google?
This step is also very important because as you know there are millions of website out there and Google can take days or even weeks to index the change in your post.
But in order to fasten up the process there is a way which I will tell you step by step.
- You need to go to the Google Search Console of your website.
- Click on URL Inspection and enter the URL of your blog which has FAQ schema and hit enter.
- Next click on “Request Indexing”.
- On completion a message would be popped up saying “Indexing Requested”.
The indexing of your blog depends on the indexing requests at that time.
Generally it can take 30 minutes to 1 hour.
How to write FAQs in the right way
In this section, I will tell you how you can write FAQs so that your rich results would get the maximum CTR and clicks.
Using FAQ schema on your blog post can be a double-edged sword which can make you win the battle and can also cut you too.
How you put the answer of the FAQs decide whether the FAQs would increase your organic CTR or not.
First, thing to keep in mind is that you should always answer the question with relevant answer related to the question.
No off-topic fluff is needed.
Also, you shouldn’t give way to information in your answers because it can annoy the readers.
And along with that if the user would get all the information decreases the chances of user to click on your link.
If you are writing FAQs for your SEO services landing pages. Here are two ways in which you can answer this question.
Q. Do you offer SEO services in India?
Ans. Yes, we offer our SEO services in India for only $1000 dollar per website. You can check our portfolios on our website.
In this answer the problem is that it straight tells the price which you are going to charge which can let the user not click on your search result.
But if you want to increase CTR of your website then you have the FAQs in this way.
Q. Do you offer SEO services in India?
Ans. Yes, we offer SEO services in India at a very affordable price. You can check out portfolios and testimonials of our clients on our website.
I hope you would get a clear idea on how you have to write FAQs.
Do’s and Don’ts while adding FAQs to blog post
- Relevant and on the point FAQs.
- Write FAQs in a way so that the reader would get convinced to click on your search result.
- 4 to 5 FAQs max.
- If you think that there are no relevant FAQs related to the topic of the blog post then DON’T add it for the sake of adding it.
- Use your copywriting and content writing skills to convince users through FAQs.
- Don’t use short forms in FAQs.
- Don’t give extra information as it can annoy the user and also if the user would get all the information then why he/she would click on your search result.
How to Find Questions for FAQ Schema?
I will tell you four different ways with which I personally used to find FAQs for my blog post.
So, let’s get started.
Quora is a great hub for finding blog post topics and trending questions that your targeted users asking.
You just have to go to Quora and in the search bar type in your blog post topic.
For example, I have typed “SEO” in the search bar and clicked enter.
On the next page you would get a lot of questions related to SEO and also some spaces which you can see and follow to get a lot of FAQs for your blog.
People Also Ask
This is a dedicated section in Google SERP page where you get a lot of questions related to the keyword you have searched on Google.
I have typed “Link Building” on Google and pressed enter.
Here you can see the “People Also Ask” section which consists of some highly searched questions related to link building which you can use in FAQs.
Answer The Public
Answer the public is a free keyword research tool which gives you a lot of keyword suggestions for the seed keyword you have typed in the search box.
Along with keywords you will also get a lot of trendy questions related to your blog topic which you can add in the FAQ section of your blog post.
Here are some questions which I found for the topic, “SEO Copywriting” in Answer The Public.
Sistrix Keyword Tool
Last tool to find questions for FAQs for your blog post is Sistrix Keyword Tool which is a free tool which lets you search keywords up to 10 times.
And after that you have to sign up there to use it further.
It gives you real user questions of the query you have searched.
Here are some questions for “SEO” from this keyword research tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes and No both because if your homepage is static landing page then you can use it.
But I don’t recommend it.
No, you can’t use FAQ page schema more than once in a blog post or article.
No, you can’t promote affiliate products with FAQ schema as google restricts the use of FAQ schema for advertising purposes.
Yes, you surely can use FAQ with other schema like product reviews etc.
But Google would show only one type of schema at the time on the search engine ranking page.
Now, it’s your turn!
Tell me which plugin you would use for FAQ Schema in WordPress?
Also, tell me if you are using FAQ previously or going to start after reading this post.
Either way tell me in the comments box below
Also, if you really liked this guide about FAQ schema then you can share it on social media which is FREE!